Curt Malawsky knows how to put together winning teams and he’s wasted no time trying to do just that since arriving in Vancouver.
He’s attracted some of the top talent in the NLL such as defenders Ryan Dilks and Matt Beers, and forward Kevin Crowley – just a few of the new signings that bring a combined four championships and 33 years of NLL experience.
They want to be part of a team with a great group of guys and the right pieces for a winning culture.
- Three-time NLL Champion (2015, 2016, 2018)
- 2016 Defensive Players of the Year (career-high 51 caused turnovers in a season)
- 2016 All-Pro First Team
- 101 points (30-71-101), 99 penalty minutes, 713 loose balls, and 264 caused turnovers in 176 regular season games
The legendary defenceman has nothing to prove, but the excitement of coming to Vancouver has him working on his craft months in advance.
“This is the hardest and earliest I’ve started prepping for a season. What they’re doing with the team and the direction that we’re going is huge.”
He sees so much potential on the roster – a great mix of experienced players with track records of success and younger guys with bright futures ahead of them.
“It’s a new chapter in my career. I’m incredibly excited for this new direction I’m going in and I’m honestly counting down the days until training camp. I just want to battle with the new guys, get to know everyone and see how the boys look out there.”
- 12-year NLL veteran, 10 years played with the Warriors/Stealth franchise
- 131 points (29-102-131), 602 penalty minutes in 193 regular season games
- Amassed 1,001 loose balls and his 210 caused turnovers ranks 8th in the NLL since 2011.
- Won an NLL Championship in his rookie season in 2010 with the Washington Stealth
Beers knows there’s nothing better than playing in front of a hometown crowd. He was the first captain of the Vancouver Warriors after rebranding from the Vancouver Stealth.
“The Warriors’ fans have been great over the last couple of years, I think we can feed off that and make Vancouver a very tough place to play.”
- 11-year NLL veteran
- Only player drafted 1st overall in the MLL, NLL, and WLA Entry Drafts
- 9 seasons with at least 70 points, career-best 90-point season in 2016
- 821 points (351-470-821) in 183 regular season games, 56 points (22-34-56) in the playoffs
- 2018 NLL All-Pro First Team, 2017 All-Pro Second Team, 2012 NLL All-Rookie Team
Crowley’s a decorated lacrosse player, still on the hunt for an NLL championship and he believes this team has the pieces to go the distance.
“I grew up a Vancouver Ravens fan, so my first taste of professional lacrosse was a Vancouver franchise. I’m still chasing a championship and the focus with this group is to build this team and build that chemistry that’s going to be able to go to the end of the season and hopefully hoist that cup.”
He’s the teammate that takes players under his wing and can show them the ropes. He started Fusion Lacrosse and carries that coaching mindset and mentorship to the teams he suits up for.
“Being able to relay what it takes and share my experiences of the ups and downs of a season and helping guys get situated and up to speed at a young age is going to be beneficial in their careers.”
To secure your 2023.24 Warriors Season Ticket Membership, visit tickets.vancouverwarriors.com/membership. Additional information on group tickets, suites, Stick to School, upcoming Winter Camps, and more can be found at vancouverwarriors.com.