Position: Hype Person
Term: Part-time for 2018/19 lacrosse season
The fastest game on two feet is back in Vancouver and the Vancouver Warriors of the National Lacrosse League are looking for the fastest-talking hype person in the west to keep our fans engaged and entertained during the ultimate in-game experience!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned as required)
- Work all nine regular season home games; be on mic, adlibbing and creatively engaging fans with on-trend, upbeat and witty commentary
- Execute and MC contests and promotions based on theme nights and relevant pop culture
- Keep the crowd cheering, clapping, and chanting all game long
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Outgoing, dependable, and organized, with a willingness to have fun
- Comfortable performing in front of large crowds with the ability to generate crowd enthusiasm and engagement while remaining tactful in dealing with the public
- Previous MC experience, either on camera hosting or live entertainment experience, is preferred but not required
- Must be adaptable, versatile, and able to improvise in a professional and entertaining manner
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Working knowledge of lacrosse and live sporting events is an asset
- Attendance at all Warriors home games, including pre-season and post-season, and attend applicable pre-game meetings when required.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, including any relevant experience, and include any demo reel of previous MC experience if you have one. This position will remain open until filled.